Emerald Laser isn’t just another name in the sea of fat-reduction devices. It’s distinctive. I traveled to Reading to meet Dr. Bob Khanna, a global expert practitioner, and his fascination with this piece of technology is infectious.
Demystifying Low-Level Laser Technology
You might be thinking: we’ve seen fat-reduction lasers before, what’s so special about this one? The game-changer here is that it’s a low-level laser. Traditionally, high-energy, powerful lasers were the industry standard. Unfortunately, they came with discomfort. However, this new device promises effective treatment sans the pain.
The industry has often been power-driven, equating more power with better results. But sometimes, less is more. Low-level laser technology has been around for a bit, but hasn’t gained traction because of the prevalent “more power” mindset.
How Does it Work?
Low-level lasers don’t produce heat. Instead, they work at the cellular level, employing photonic energy to improve cellular functionality. This green-light therapy, specifically in the 532 nanometer range, targets fat cells. It creates micro-pores in the cellular membrane, enabling the release of the fatty contents as free fatty acids and triglycerides.
Beyond Fat Reduction: Wellness Benefits
While many might focus on its fat-busting capabilities, the Emerald Laser has broader wellness applications:
- Mitochondrial Efficiency Boost: Over time, our cells’ energy production capability (especially in mitochondria) decreases. This often leads to fatigue, especially as we age. The Emerald Laser, through its light therapy, enhances this energy production, making individuals feel more energized.
- Transformation of Fat Cells: Our fat cells play numerous roles, from hormonal regulation to energy production. Unhealthy lifestyle choices make these cells inefficient. The Emerald Laser not only targets these cells for aesthetic purposes but also revitalizes them. The result? Improved overall bodily functions.
The Treatment Experience
Undergoing treatment feels like… well, nothing! The laser’s green lights move in a strategic pattern to ensure thorough coverage, all while being comfortable.
The Cascade System
An interesting aspect of this treatment is the “Cascade system”. Once the targeted fat cells in specific areas (like the abdomen or flanks) are treated, they communicate with other fat cells in the body, encouraging a more holistic cellular behavioral change.
Why Not Eliminate Fat Cells?
One might wonder: why not just eradicate those bothersome fat cells? It’s not that simple. Fat cells play myriad roles in our body. Simply removing them isn’t the answer. Instead, the focus should be on making them more efficient.
After a typical course of six sessions, patients have reported improved sleep, enhanced energy levels, and visible fat reduction.
Exploring the EVRL
The EVRL employs similar technology but incorporates two other light forms—violet and red. Violet light, possessing the highest photonic energy, targets bacteria, viruses, and fungal infections. On the other hand, red light is great for addressing pain and inflammation.
Applications in Real Life:
- Pain and Inflammation: Whether it’s a sore knee or an aching shoulder, a short 3-5 minute session with the red light can bring relief.
- Dental Pain and Other Infections: The laser can be an effective solution for tooth pain and infections like herpes simplex.
- Muscle Relaxation: Strained neck from long hours on the laptop? The EVRL can improve blood flow, reduce inflammation, and restore muscle functionality.
Emerald Laser and EVRL are leading a paradigm shift in the world of aesthetic treatments and wellness. My conversation with Dr. Bob Khanna was enlightening. The potential of low-level laser therapy, especially in non-thermal form, is vast. It promises not only an enhanced appearance but an elevated quality of life.