Skip to content

Optimizing Vagal Tone: The Key to Improving Health with Dysautonomia


Video Summary:

Welcome! Whether it’s afternoon or evening wherever you’re watching from, today’s exploration dives into the intriguing topic of dysautonomia and the promising techniques to tackle its challenges.


Meet the Expert: Dr. Erik Reis

Before delving into the subject, let’s get acquainted with our expert. Dr. Erik Reis, a distinguished figure in chiropractic medicine, holds a board certification as a Chiropractic Neurologist at the Neural Collection in Minneapolis. His accolades include:

  • A Doctorate in Chiropractic from Northwestern Health Sciences University.
  • A Diplomat in functional neurology from the American Chiropractic Neurology Board.
  • Extensive postgraduate coursework focusing on neurological and nutritional rehabilitation, particularly for traumatic brain injuries, concussion, and vestibular disorders through the Carrick Institute of Clinical Neuroscience.

Understanding Dysautonomia

What is Dysautonomia?

Dysautonomia, at its core, refers to a malfunction of the autonomic nervous system. This might sound technical, but think of it like the system that runs the background operations of your body — things like heart rate, digestion, and respiratory rate.

The Vagus Nerve: A Central Player

The vagus nerve plays a pivotal role in maintaining the balance between our body’s “fight or flight” and “rest and digest” mechanisms. To simplify, it’s a key communicator between the brain and several body systems. Interestingly, 80% of the vagus nerve’s task involves sending sensory information into the nervous system, with the remaining 20% controlling various bodily functions.

What’s captivating is our ability to influence the vagus nerve through thought. Whether it’s the anxiety of public speaking or the calm of familiar territory, our mental state can significantly impact our heart rate and overall physiological response.


Clinical Applications: Where Lasers Come into Play

Role of Erchonia® Lasers

The fascinating intervention in the arena of dysautonomia is the use of Erchonia® Non-Thermal Lasers. These devices can stimulate the vagus nerve without the need for invasive procedures. This means a potential breakthrough for patients with a range of conditions that might relate to dysautonomia.

Heart Rate Variability (HRV)

One intriguing metric in this field is the heart rate variability (HRV). It essentially measures the variability between heartbeats, indicating the balance between sympathetic (fight or flight) and parasympathetic (rest and digest) nervous system activities. Increased HRV can be a sign of better health and is often an aim when stimulating the vagus nerve.


Inflammation and the Immune Response

A Closer Look at Mechanisms

Dysautonomia can lead to a compromised immune system, making the body susceptible to a range of infections. Here, too, Erchonia® Lasers show promise. By stimulating the vagus nerve, these lasers can promote anti-inflammatory mechanisms, enhancing the body’s defenses and potentially protecting the brain.


Incorporating Lasers into Treatment

Clinical Outcomes

Using lasers, especially in conjunction with other treatments, can lead to significant improvements in patients. For instance, stimulating the vagus nerve can enhance gut barrier lining, potentially improving digestion and nutrient absorption.


Conclusion

In the world of dysautonomia, the horizon looks promising. With tools like Erchonia® Lasers and the dedication of professionals like Dr. Erik Reis, there’s a hopeful path ahead for patients globally.

A huge thank you to Dr. Reis for sharing his insights, and to the Erchonia community for pushing boundaries and exploring new frontiers in patient care!

Weekly Global Webinars to Help 1000’s of Clients Across the World – Join Our Mailing List Now for Regular Updates

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *